Age: For Secondary School Teacher (21 to 37 years) and for Higher Secondary School Teacher (24 to 37 years). There is relaxation in upper age limit in case of OBC/ BC/ SC/ ST/ BC Female candidates of the state of Bihar.
1. Secondary School Teacher
Candidates must be Graduate with minimum 50 percent marks and BEd. However, those candidates who are domiciled citizen of Bihar are eligible to apply on the basis of graduation degree (50 percent marks) . Such candidates of Bihar, who are applying on the basis of graduation degree would be required to complete one year course of BEd. in 1 year.
2. Physical Education Teacher (B PEd.)
Candidates must be graduate and Bachelor of Physical Education or equivalent.
3. Oriental Teacher
Candidates must be graduate of equivalent in Sanskrit / Farsi / Arabi with minimum 50 percent marks.
4. Music Teacher and Arts Teacher
Degree in Music or Arts from a recognized university or institute. One year BEd.
Higher Secondary School Teacher Candidates must be Post Graduate and BEd.
Candidates can apply for Secondary School Teacher TET in only one subject category:
1. Mathematics- Candidates must have studied Mathematics and at least two subjects out of the following:
Physics/ Chemistry/ Electronics/ Computer science/ Statistics.
2. Science: Candidates must have studied chemistry and Biology (Botany + Zoology) in graduation
3. Social Science: Candidates must have studied two subjects out of the following at graduation level:
History/ Geography / Political Science / Economics
Secondary Teacher- Graduate -1 , Graduate with B Ed -2
Higher Secondary Teacher- Post Graduate-1 , Post Graduate with B Ed- 2
Examination Fees: Rs. 150 and in case of SC/ ST (Rs 75)