1. An automobile travels on a straight road for 40 km at 30 km/h. It then continues in the same direction for another 40km at 60km/h. a) What is the average velocity of the car during this 80 km trip? b) What is the average speed.
2. A truck on a straight road starts from rest and accelerates at 2.0 m/s2 until it reaches a speed of 20 m/s. Then the truck travels for 20 s at a constant speed until the brakes are applied, stopping the car in a uniform manner in an additional 5.0 s. How long is the truck in motion and what is its average velocity during the motion?
3. While driving home from school you travel at 95 km/h for 130 km then slow to 65 km/h. You get home in 3 hours and 20 min. How far is your hometown from school and what is the average speed?
4. A person takes a trip, driving with a constant speed of 89.5 km/h, except for a 22 min rest stop. If the person's average speed is 77.8 km/h, how much time is spent on the trip and how far does the person travel?
5. From t = 0 to t = 4.21 min, a man stands still, and from t = 4.21 min to t = 8.42 min, he walks briskly in a straight line at a constant speed of 1.91 m/s. In the time interval 1.00 min to 5.21 min what area. his average velocityb. his average acceleration?
For full paper click below
Motion Numerical based on (Average Velocity, Average Speed)